Location: Hartford Public Library, Rm 026 – use Arch St Entrance
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a form of Energy Psychology combining psychotherapy and energy healing techniques. It is based on the understanding of the human body as an electrical system and the recognition of the systems of subtle energy that surround and interface with the physical body. These include the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual bodies. EFT, a form of emotional acupuncture, is centered around the profound effects of the body’s subtle energies based on the idea that “the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system.” EFT has proven to be effective in the treatment of a variety of mental health and physical symptoms. It also has the benefit of being able to be taught to clients so that they can utilize it outside of therapy.
Emotional Freedom Technique has application across a broad range of issues, including stress and anxiety related disorders, PTSD, physical pain, self-sabotage, cravings and addictions, and performance. It draws from a variety of proven modalities, including Thought Field Therapy, acupuncture, biofeedback, EMDR, hypnosis, cognitive behavioral therapy and applied kinesiology. There is a growing body of research showing the efficacy of EFT in many different settings.
In this engaging seminar, participants will:
• learn about the roots of Energy Psychology and tapping modalities
• learn the basics of energy meridian tapping, including Emotional Freedom Technique
• understand the concept of cellular memory and its role in healing
• experience muscle testing, or kinesiology
• have a direct experience of the benefits of tapping
• have time to practice and gain confidence in using EFT
• learn how to use Emotional Freedom Technique with their clients and for their own self-care
An advanced seminar, Advanced Practices in Emotional Freedom Technique, will be offered Monday, April 22.