Jane Gross, MA, LCSW
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Location: School of Social Work, West Hartford, CT
Click here for Seminar Fees
Infuse your practice with creative energy! Painting from the Heart is a unique method of art therapy specifically designed to encourage creative self-expression and allay those old fears of making art. Jane Gross creates an environment of support and non-judgment in which all participants, regardless of experience, can discover the power of expressing themselves spontaneously with paint.
Painting from the Heart will teach you practical, effective exercises that are easy to use with families, couples and individuals. Using relaxation techniques, guided imagery, tempera paint, paper and brushes, Jane will inspire you to suspend your inner critic, stay present and release the need to plan ahead. The nonverbal nature of this method of art therapy makes it an ideal tool for working with people from a wide range of ages, backgrounds and abilities.
No experience is needed – all materials are provided. Participants should dress ready to paint.
This seminar will enable you to:
- learn how to administer a step by step, warm-up technique that introduces you to expressive, or process painting, and understand how and why it is valuable and effective
- use relaxation and guided meditation as a tool to deepen the outcome of your work with clients
- create emotional safety for individuals and groups
- use guided, expressive painting exercises for a myriad of presenting issues to encourage individuals and groups to uncover their inner source of healing and creativity
- learn to listen deeply to the paint and enable others to listen deeply